Friday, August 1, 2014

Timberline Lodge paint out

Timberline Lodge is such an amazing and singular place and I have spent so many wonderful days there and on Mt Hood that I have often thought about doing a workshop there. I am putting it out there for this October. I don’t need any firm commitments right now but it would be great if you would let me know if you like the idea. steve@stevekleier.com.

Thursday and Friday October 9-10
Timberline Lodge Paint out with Steve Kleier
Timberline lodge is located 60 miles east of Portland on the south side of MT Hood at
about 6000 feet. It is a fine example of alpine lodge architecture with big timbers and
huge stone fireplace. From there are unobstructed views of MT Hood as well as short
walks to alpine meadows. I have painted there many times and now I would like to share
it with you so I have planned an overnight paint out to this special place.The interior of
the lodge is a fantastic space with tall ceilings, handcrafted stone and wood as well as
paintings and crafts. Outdoors the crater and snowfields of MT Hood dominates the
view. These will be our subjects. $190 includes overnight double occupancy at the
lodge, 2 demonstrations and individual instruction. For more information contact me at
steve@stevekleier.com



No comments:

Post a Comment